17 January 2008

Procrastination



So I haven't written anything in awhile. Now, when I am supposed to be packing, seems like a great time for it. The reason I haven't written anything is because my life tends to be pretty predictable... Get up, deal with crap at work, come home, hang out with the kids, go to the Y, come home, take a shower, watch stupid TV (trying really hard not to fall asleep before the end of The Colbert Report and failing), then repeat. So thrilling.

Today I was at work until almost 5:30, because I was trying to get a report done that is due Wednesday. Silly me -- I thought I had until next Friday! Oh well, I hope I did it correctly, because no one was around for me to ask at that time of day.

I came home, changed clothes, got dinner for the kids, then went to the Y and Subway and the library. Came home, talked to the peapods (I am now Auntie Peapod, or sometimes Mimi...) who were supposed to be sleeping, then got on the computer. Have not packed a single thing. Why do I do this to myself?!

Duh, because I don't know what to bring, and this is easier than trying to figure it out, I guess. All the nervous/excited energy I had today is gone, and now I just want to go to sleep!

Did I mention that in less than 24 hours, I will be in Vegas, and very possibly drunk? Whee! Hopefully when I return I will have good stories and pictures to share. (Also, Michelle, let's hope neither of your predictions comes true!)

(BTW, in case you can't read the fine print on the picture, it says "Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now")

1 comment:

michelle said...

but my predictions were so exciting!

okay maybe not...

hope you have a fun and fabulous weekend! :)