22 November 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

I woke up this morning to someone yelling about something, followed by "QUIET! MIA IS STILL SLEEPING!" Seriously, why do they even bother? At least it wasn't 6:00 am.

My parents came to pick us all up for dinner at a family friend's home. My mom brought matching black velvet dresses for the girls, which looked adorable on them. I even managed to get one nice picture of the three kids not making obnoxious faces at the camera. Yay, me!

There was a bit of a rocky start to the holiday, but everything calmed down, and we had a delicious meal -- I wished I could have eaten more! Afterwards, the kids played a game of Uno and watched tv, while the adults played a game of Phase 10. Good times.

I realized yet again that the thing that sucks most about moving far away from your extended family is not getting to share holidays with them. I know lots of people wish they could escape their extended family, but I enjoy spending the holidays with lots of people, since we hardly ever get to do that.

Driving home, listening to the kids chatter on, looking at the Christmas lights, it was hard to believe Thanksgiving was already over.

Mostly, it made me thankful that 2007 is almost done -- I sure hope 2008 is a better year!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

No comments: