25 November 2007

What in the hell?!

Yesterday I finally dragged myself out of bed after 10, then decided that I needed to go shopping AGAIN. I went to Michael's and found lots of fun stuff in the dollar section, plus a couple of balls of yarn. Then it was on to Rosedale, but I only made it to Borders. For once, I didn't buy anything for myself, just the book that Kathy asked me to pick up for her. Then of course I had to go back to Target, where I found more fun things in the dollar section, plus a frame that I think Dr. Smartypants will enjoy. I didn't really consider (until I got home) exactly how she is going to get it home in her suitcase, but I'll figure something out!

After going to the Y, I got ready to go meet some friends for dinner to celebrate one of their birthdays. We went to Giorgio's on Hennepin -- so yummy! Their special for the evening also meant that we got a free bottle of wine, as long as the table spent at least $30 -- not difficult when there were 7 of us. I had the chicken special, which was stuffed with artichoke hearts, sun dried tomatoes, crab, and some other stuff, served with vegetables. And I got to have the leftovers for lunch today. We went back to a friend's place after dinner, and somehow got started looking at pictures from college. It's weird how I can barely remember some of those things, but maybe I was drunk more of the time than I thought!

Later we went out for drinks. I didn't get to sleep until after 2. I can't believe we used to do that all the time! We are so old.

Today my excitement has revolved around the new class I took at the Y this morning (BodyFlow) which was pretty good -- a combo of stretching, yoga, pilates, tai chi and relaxation. I liked it because it was low-key, not like some of those classes I see and hear where the instructor is yelling and they use horrible dance mixes that I can't stand. I'm not sure how good of a workout the class was, but it was nice to do something different and get a little stretching in, since I was a little sore from Friday's workout.

I have the house to myself for a bit while the family is at the store. I am doing laundry (yahoo) and then going to a movie and possibly more shopping. I need to be stopped.

1 comment:

Vibajiba said...

sounds like you had a fun weekend and the chicken special sounds yummy.