21 November 2007

Yahoo!!!

So I get home from work today, and the Explorer is gone, as well as the family. Which means that my sister got the OK from the doctor today to drive, and return to at least some normal activity. Very good news! Hopefully, things around here will continue to move in a positive direction.

Also, another sign that I am old (not that this is exactly news...): Instead of going out tonight (the night before Thanksgiving being the best night to go out...), I am going to continue to learn how to crochet. Don't get me wrong, it will be fun to hang with the girls and have some wine, but it's a far cry from my younger days of drinking heavily on this special day! (It's really just that I want to see Ike at First Ave., but it will be really late, and I don't want to go alone. They did put on a great show at ACL, and hopefully I will get to see them again soon!

Things I am most thankful for: my family (even when they drive me crazy) and my friends (especially for listening to me complain about my family).

3 comments:

michelle said...

hanging out with me makes you old?

sniff....


crocheting is way better than excessive drinking :)

ClaireMia said...

You do not make me old. Staying in and not going out makes me old, but I had a delightful time, nonetheless! I think next time we should combine excessive drinking and crocheting. maybe we'll develop some brand-new stitches!

Vibajiba said...

hobbies mean we have finally grown up. right?